Sunday, April 6, 2014

Homemade Eggrolls


Ingredients:
1/4 of a red onion
1 medium sized carrot
1 red bell pepper 
2 stalks of celery
about 1 whole chicken breast sliced and chopped (i bought pre cooked grilled chicken for salads)
several leaves of a small cabbage or 1 from a large cabbage
2 tablespoons olive oil
3-4 cups coconut oil (for frying)
egg roll or wanton wrappers
1 avocado - mashed
1 egg + 1 Tbs milk
ginger to taste
2 tablespoons minced garlic
Directions:
I used the food processor to chop the onion, celery, bell pepper, carrots and a few chunks of the chicken. once that was chopped I put 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a hot skillet and sauteed the mixture with 2 dashes of ground ginger and 2 tablespoons minced garlic until the onions and peppers were soft.
Next I mashed 1/2 the avocado into a paste and set it aside to fill with. Next I mixed the egg and milk bath. Next I ripped the cabbage into smaller strips to fit the wrappers.
Filling the wrappers:
I used a spoon to spread the avocado then placed a cabbage leaf strip on. then I spooned the mixture and chicken onto it. wrapped it sealed the edges with the egg bath.
then I dipped them in the egg bath on both sides let excess drip off. Then transferred them to a preheated skillet with the coconut oil in for frying them. they are down when they are golden brown.
(a few of mine got a bit darker)

┊ ┊ ☆ Follow me ---> https://www.facebook.com/kcameron17
┊ ┊ ★Visit my web site ---> http://cameron17.eatlessfeelfull.com/
┊ ☆Join my Group--> https://www.facebook.com/groups/getskinnywithkari/
★Try Thrive --> www.goingtothrive.com

No comments:

Post a Comment