These magnificent brownies are so rich, moist, chocolaty, and fudgy. It’s hard to believe they are reduced in fat and calories. One bite and ! know you’ll be hooked. Most brownies are made with lots of butter or oil. They can have as much as 580 calories and 23 grams of fat for just one brownie! My skinny brownies are only 188 calories and 5 grams of fat and 5 Weight Watchers POINT PLUS. Just by using a small amount of canola oil moisturized by applesauce these brownies are dense, fudgy, and gooey beyond all expectations. The key is to use the best quality cocoa.* The second trick is to under bake them. I also use dark brown sugar as opposed to golden brown. This enhances their flavor. I hope you try these soon. They are pure chocolate bliss!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 20 minutes
1 egg white
1 egg, I love Egg-Land’s Best eggs
½ cup unsweetened applesauce
3 tablespoon canola oil
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 cup sugar
¾ cup dark brown sugar, packed
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup unsweetened cocoa, see shopping tips
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips, I used Ghirardelli
1. Preheat oven to 350*. Coat a 9” non-stick baking pan with cooking spray.
2. In an electric mixer or using a hand mixer in a large bowl, combine the egg whites, egg, applesauce, canola oil and vanilla.
3. Add both sugars and blend well. Stir in the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt and ¼ cup chocolate chips and mix just until smooth. Do not over mix.
4. Pour the batter into prepared pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle remaining ¼ cup of chips evenly over the top of the brownies.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until set. A toothpick inserted into the outside edge should come out clean, but the middle should still be somewhat soft. The key to this brownie is in the bake time. It should be slightly under baked in the middle to give it the fudgy consistency. The inside must remain soft. Over baking will change the brownie by causing it to be dry and cakelike.
6. Remove from the oven and let cool on the counter top.
7. Cut into 16 squares.
Makes 16 brownies
Recipe courtesy of www.skinnykitchen.com
┊ ┊ ┊ ☆ Follow me ---> https://www.facebook.com/kcameron17
┊ ┊ ★Visit my web site ---> http://cameron17.eatlessfeelfull.com/
┊ ☆Join my Group--> https://www.facebook.com/groups/getskinnywithkari/
★Join my Team-->http://kcameron_17.SBCpower.com/