Monday, September 15, 2014

Baked Cinnamon “Chips”

I saw these "chips" last fall and never got around to trying them out but today was the perfect day to make this delicious snack because I have simply been craving churros lately - these are an easy alternative to satisfy that craving! And 2 thumbs up from the mini food critic says we'll be making these again!

Ingredients
6-8 small flour tortillas
1 Tbsp butter, melted
½ cup sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
Directions
Preheat oven to 350°. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Combine sugar and cinnamon in a zipper baggie. Shake until well mixed.
Sprinkle a heavy layer of cinnamon sugar on your prep surface (I used a plate).
Brush the melted butter on both sides of the first tortilla and lay on sugar mix. Sprinkle on cinnamon sugar, making sure to coat the entire top. For the next few tortillas repeat the same thing.
Once tortillas are stacked, buttered and coated, cut the stack into 8 equal pieces (I used a pizza cutter). Take each “chip” place on the baking sheet. Keep them spread out evenly so that they don’t get soggy. Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown and crispy. Allow to cool completely.
If you have leftover cinnamon sugar, you can store it for later or simply spread it on top of your chips before they bake (as I did) to make them super cinnamon-y

┊ ┊ ☆ Follow me ---> https://www.facebook.com/kcameron17
┊ ┊ ★Visit my web site ---> http://cameron17.eatlessfeelfull.com/
┊ ☆Join my Group--> https://www.facebook.com/groups/getskinnywithkari/
★Try Thrive -->www.goingtothrive.com

No comments:

Post a Comment